This Privacy Notice applies only to the personal data held by KUST Elektronik GmbH that is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and the respective implementing acts of European Economic Area Member States (GDPR). Please contact us here if you have any questions about whether your personal data is governed by the GDPR.
Please note that our website links to other websites, which may have their own privacy notices and terms. Our Services may also offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the general public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features. We accept no responsibility for the privacy practices of these entities.
1. Processing of your Personal Data
Kust Elektronik GmbH may collect and process Personal Data, such as your identification and contact details and information relating to your surfing behaviour, as part of its activities and dealings with you.
You may be asked to provide your Personal Data anytime you are in contact with KUST Elektronik GmbH, for example when you request catalogues of our products and services, register or subscribe to our newsletters or other communications from us, order our products and services or access to our website.
KUST Elektronik GmbH requires this Personal Data to carry out its business activities and fulfil its legal and contractual obligations, such as for example:
- the promotion (including direct marketing) of our products and services;
- the sale, packaging, delivery and invoicing of our products;
- after sale services, maintenance and helpdesk support;
- fraud prevention and other legal requirements imposed on us; and
- improvement of our website and other online services.
You are not required to provide your Personal Data we request from you, but in some cases, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services, or respond to any queries you may have without processing your Personal Data.
In some cases, KUST Elektronik GmbH may ask your consent to process your Personal Data for the purposes as specified to you, in which case you may withdraw such consent at any time. Yokogawa may also process Personal Data based on other legal grounds such as for compliance with its legal or regulatory obligations, in order to perform the contract which you are a party to, to protect your vital interests or those of another individual, or for its own legitimate interests unless overweighed by your interests or fundamental rights and freedom.
The period for which KUST Elektronik GmbH will use and store your Personal Data will depend on the type of Personal Data to be processed and will be communicated to you on a case by case basis. In no case will the Personal Data be kept for longer than necessary to fulfill the specified purposes and it shall be removed after that period, unless it is legally obliged to retain it for a longer period.
2. What personal data do we collect about you?
We will collect certain personal data that you choose to provide directly to us when using our Services, which may include your name, email address, password, postal address, phone number, company name, and contact details, job function, job title, industry sector, names and contact information of individuals you work with, work related records and reports, purchase, device and tool information related to your account (e.g., serial number and date purchased), payment information, service activation codes, photographs, videos, diagrams, notes, and any other information you choose to provide.
When you access our Services, we automatically collect certain personal data about you, which may include:
- log information – about your use of our Services, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, number of clicks, and the page you visited before navigating to our website or Services, including by using cookies;
- device information – about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, or information about certain Tektronix tools or devices you use, including the hardware model, MAC address, operating system name and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information;
- network information – about your network, such as information about devices, nodes, configurations, connection speeds and network and application performance;
- location information – about the location of your mobile device or Tektronix device or tool each time you access or use one of our mobile applications, devices or tools;
- usage information – about your use of our Services, such as how often our Services are used, the duration and quality of use, the types of use (e.g. data creation, storage, access, deletion), calibration data, project configuration data and operator data.
3. Transfer of your Personal Data outside the EEA and personal data storage
Your personal data will be stored on our secure servers at our offices and those of our service providers, which are located in the EEA or in the U.S. and other countries which may not have a level of data protection law equivalent to that of your country. We ensure the security of your personal data by putting in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect it from accidental loss, theft, misuse, alteration and unauthorized access or disclosure, and unlawful or accidental destruction. We also take steps to ensure all our subsidiaries, agents, affiliates and suppliers employ adequate levels of security.
KUST Elektronik GmbH may provide access to your Personal Data or transfer it to:
- its affiliated companies;
- subcontractors and other services providers involved in the provision of our products and services (including packaging and transportation companies, financial institutions and insurance companies);
- public authorities when required to make such disclosure pursuant to applicable laws and regulations;
- to prospective or actual purchasers in the framework of any business operations affecting our group, such as mergers and acquisitions.
When such access or transfer is made to a country outside the EEA not offering an adequate level of data protection, it shall only take place pursuant to your explicit consent or another applicable derogation for specific access or transfer, or where more systematic and large scale access or transfer must take place, on the basis of a contract embodying the relevant EU standard contractual clauses (“SCC”) and entered into between the data exporter and the data importer (the applicable SCC are available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/index_en.htm). You may obtain a copy of this contract upon request sent to the address below. We reserve the right to redact any confidential and/or commercial information contained therein prior to communication to you.
Instructions on how to change your browser cookies file settings can be found here
5. Your rights in relation to our processing of your Personal Data
You have the right to request access to your Personal Data as processed by us and to have it corrected or deleted, unless KUST Elektronik GmbH is legally required to retain it. You have also the right to restrict our processing of your Personal Data or to object to such processing, under the conditions and within the limits set forth in the GDPR.
The above rights can be exercised by mailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
When responding to your request to exercise the above rights, KUST Elektronik GmbH may ask you to provide evidence of your identity. KUST Elektronik GmbH may reject requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character.
If you are concerned about the compliance of your legal rights in relation to your privacy, you may also contact your local privacy data protection authority.
We may update this Policy from time to time. You will find the date of the last update on the top of this page.